Friday 27 March 2015

Mango Lassi recipe

Mango lassi does not need any explanation as everybody knows about it. Still for those who don’t know it is made from yogurt, mangoes, milk/water. It is thick, rich and creamy with lots of mango flavor. It is perfect for this summer. It is very refreshing and cooling beverage or dessert for hot weather.
When we get the box of mangoes this season, first I made aamras then I made this cold beverage Mango lassi. And third, I made mango mousse. I will post it soon.
Even I grew up in India, I always heard of salted lassi or sweet lassi or some flavored lassi but I have never heard of Mango lassi until I came to USA. Here almost all Indian restaurants serve mango lassi. So I thought of making it at home as dear husband loves anything from mango so do I.
Mango Lassi Recipe - Aam ki Lassi Recipe
I have added rose water to the lassi to give it some extra flavor and it tastes awesome. But it is optional. I have made without rose water and it tastes yummy as well. If you want you can garnish it with some pistachios instead of mint leaves.
Whenever you make Mango lassi, Please keep in mind that ‘all the ingredients have to be cold’. If not then make lassi and keep in refrigerator to chill and then serve. Because it taste best when it is chilled.
Preparation time: 10 mINS
INGREDIENTS
  • Mangoes – 3 medium or 3 cups (peeled, stone removed and chopped)
  • Plain Yogurt – 1 ½ cups
  • Milk or water – ½ cup
  • Sugar – to taste **Notes
  • Cardamom powder – ¼ teaspoon
  • Saffron – few strands (optional)
  • Rose water – 1 teaspoon (optional)
**Notes –
  • Sugar – my mangoes are sweet enough so I have added only 2 tablespoons of sugar. Please adjust the sugar quantity as per your fruit’s sweetness.
INSTRUCTIONS
  1. Make sure all the ingredients are chilled or right out from the refrigerator.
  2. Take all the ingredients into the blender and blend it for 2 minutes.
  3. Pour into individual glasses.
  4. Garnish with a mint leave and serve.
ADDITIONAL INFO
Taste – sweet, thick with mango flavor

Shelf life – it can be kept in refrigerator up to a day (24 hours).

Serving suggestions – usually served as a beverage along with the meal. You can drink it at any time of the day. Even you can serve it as a healthy dessert too.

Tips –


- Do not use sour yogurt as we are making sweet lassi.

- You can use canned mango pulp. If pulp is sweet then skip the sugar. If using the canned pulp then color of the lassi might be different and brighter.

I have served delicious mango lassi as a dessert on last Saturday. It can be served along with the meal as a beverage.

No comments:

Post a Comment